Our Commitment to You
Not many CEOs can say that they "grew up" inside the walls of their hospital; however, I can. Let me explain…
As a young executive, I began working at Lakeview Hospital in 2001 as the Director of Behavioral Health. After a few years, I became Lakeview Hospital's Business Development Director and, eventually, our Chief Operating Officer before moving to MountainStar's Division Office as the Vice President of Business Development.
As a leader in MountainStar's Division offices, I loved the work I was doing, but something was missing. I desperately missed the hospital atmosphere. I missed seeing the faces of our patients and witnessing kind acts of caring delivered by our caregivers. It was the longing to watch our mission be fulfilled every day that drove me to come back to Lakeview — the place I grew up and the place I consider home.
Over the years Lakeview has advanced, evolved and changed. We have invested in patient safety, expanded the services we deliver, partnered with some of the states finest physicians and completed many renovations to our campus. However, my greatest pride comes from living our mission: to provide the quality of healthcare we want our closest loved ones to receive.
To meet our mission, our caregivers have each committed to a promise--a promise that is personal to each individual caregiver; a promise they are offering to you, our patients. As you walk the halls of our hospital, I encourage you to read the promises posted on our walls and ask our caregivers to tell you about their promise. I am confident you will find these promises inspiring and uplifting.
As the leader of this organization, I know we give great care. However, it is always nice for others to recognize our performance as well. I'm proud to tell you that here at Lakeview Hospital we:
- Have been named one of Truven Health Analytics Top 100 Hospitals in America four years in a row.
- Earned the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Are home to a nationally ranked Orthopedic Joint Replacement Program.
- Have solid contracts and good relationships with most every major employer in the region.
- Score in the 75th percentile nationwide in patient satisfaction.
- Are the proud recipient of the HealthInsight Quality Award for three consecutive years — the only hospital in Utah to do so.
Obviously the awards and accolades make me smile, but my heart beams with pride when I hear the individual stories from our patients. Have you seen a caregiver promise fulfilled? Have we made a difference in your life? If so, I'd love to hear about it. After all, that's why we exist.
Troy Wood, CEO