Hyperbaric And Wound Care
Advanced Healing Begins With Our Team
Lakeview Hospital is one of only four facilities in Utah to offer advanced hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) using a fully accredited, multi-place hyperbaric chamber. This treatment involves the delivery of pure 100% oxygen in our pressurized chamber to patients with certain injuries or medical conditions.
If you have a severe wound or one that has not healed over time, HBOT can help you heal better and faster. Remember too, HBOT can save lives if carbon monoxide poisoning ever strikes you or your family unexpectedly.
The following indications are approved uses of hyperbaric oxygen therapy as defined by the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Committee of The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society:
1. Arterial Gas Embolism
2. Decompression Sickness
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
4. Gas Gangrene (Clostridial Myonecrosis and Myositis)
5. Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections6. Chronic Refractory Osteomyelitis
7. Compromised Skin Graft / Flap
8. Delayed Radiation Injury (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis)
9. Selected Problem Wounds- such as diabetic ulcers
10. Acute Traumatic Ischemias, Crush Injuries, Compartment Syndrome
11. Thermal Burns
12. Exceptional Blood Loss Anemia
13. Intracranial Abscess
Common Questions About HBOT:
Q. How does this therapy work?
Q. Am I a candidate for HBOT?
Q. How will it feel?
Q. How often will I come for therapy?
Q. How long has HBOT been around?
Lakeview Hospital and its integrated team of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine experts are here to serve you. Are you a candidate for HBOT? If so, ask your physician to refer you to our center. Or simply call us; we can schedule an initial evaluation by one of our specialists.
Call us at 888-286-CURE; or 801-397-0890.