Pre-Visit Packet Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (PDF - 545 KB)
Advanced Healing Begins With Our Team
Lakeview Hospital and its integrated team of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine experts are here to serve you. Are you a candidate for HBOT? If so, ask your physician to refer you to our center, or simply call us at (888) 286-CURE or (801) 397-0890. We can schedule an initial evaluation by one of our specialists.
Lakeview Hospital is one of only four facilities in Utah to offer advanced hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) using a fully accredited, multi-place hyperbaric chamber. This treatment involves the delivery of pure 100% oxygen in our pressurized chamber to patients with certain injuries or medical conditions.
If you have a severe wound or one that has not healed over time, HBOT can help you heal better and faster. Remember, too, HBOT can save lives if carbon monoxide poisoning ever strikes you or your family unexpectedly.
The following indications are approved uses of hyperbaric oxygen therapy as defined by the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Committee of The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society:
- Arterial gas embolism
- Decompression sickness
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Gas gangrene (clostridial myonecrosis and myositis)
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Compromised skin graft/flap
- Delayed radiation injury (soft tissue and bony necrosis)
- Selected problem wounds- such as diabetic ulcers
- Acute traumatic ischemias, crush injuries, compartment syndrome
- Thermal burns
- Exceptional blood loss anemia
- Intracranial abscess