2016 designation recognizes proven records of excellence in patient care
Lakeview Hospital has been named among the 2016 “100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review. Only five community hospitals in Utah achieved this notable distinction.
“One defining characteristic of the hospitals who received this honor was the culture within those hospital walls. That culture is what makes Lakeview great. We hope patients can feel it when they enter our doors. Our caregivers look patients and visitors in the eyes, assuring them they are going to be able to give them the care they deserve. Each of our employees has made a Promise and they truly fulfill those promises every day.” said Lakeview Hospital CEO, Troy Wood. “When patients feel like they have received the highest quality of care, it truly leads to healing. Healing bodies, minds and hearts. And, when that happens, the nation takes notice and we get honored with incredible awards.”
To develop this year’s list, the Becker’s editorial team considered U.S. hospitals with fewer than 550 patient beds and rankings and awards from one or more notable healthcare review organizations. Hospitals featured in the 2016 list had earned recognition from national healthcare ranking organizations like the American Nurses Credentialing Center, CareChex, iVantage Health Analytics, Healthgrades, Leapfrog Group and Truven Health Analytics.
With 128 beds, Lakeview Hospital was recognized for achieving the following recognition:
- Among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® in the small community hospital category for four years in a row and six years total (Truven Health Analytics 2013 - 2016).
- Only hospital in Utah named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals™in Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Surgery – for four consecutive years (Healthgrades 2013-2016)
- Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Awards for four consecutive years, which ranks this hospital among the Top five percent in the nation (2013-2016)
- Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ (Healthgrades 2015)
- Patient Safety Excellence Award™ three years in a row, ranking it among the Top five percent in the nation for patient safety (Healthgrades 2013-2015)
- Achieved the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Award (American Stroke Association 2015)
Visit the Becker’s Hospital Review website to learn more about the 100 Great Community Hospitals and see a complete list of 2016 recipients.
About Lakeview Hospital
Located in Bountiful, Lakeview Hospital has been ranked among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics for four consecutive years. It is one of only 20 hospitals nationwide to achieve this recognition in the small community hospital category. Lakeview was also recognized as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Surgery™ by HealthGrades, a national healthcare rating organization. Home of a state-of-the-art Spine and Orthopedic Center, this MountainStar hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and designated as a Stroke Receiving Center by the Utah Department of Health. Lakeview Hospital